Usually, each and every router is having a default username and password to access its web interface. Most of the time we are recommended to change the Default username and password into our own username and password in order to increase the protection of the routers web interface. In case you haven’t change your default username and password and still unable to login into the web interface of your router website, then you must search on internet about the updated username and password of your router along with the model number to get the success in accessing the web interface.
Guide to Reset the Router Username & Password:
These are the complete guide to reset the router username and password. This process is workable in any brand of router and models around the globe in the market.
- First, you need to look at the back side of your wireless router where you usually have the WAN and LAN ports.
- Now there are two types of possibilities depending on the model of the routers are the brand of the router you are using.
- You can either see the elongated needle-like reset button, our on the latest model you will get to ca WPS/Reset button. And if you are using the older versions of the router then you will get to see the pinhole in the back of the allowed inside of the reset button.
- Now all you have to do is to press and hold the reset button and in case of the new model, you have to press and hold the WPS/Reset button for 10 to 15 seconds.
- And in case of the oldest router models, you need to talk that pinhole with any safety pin or needle-like substance for resetting the username and password of the router.
- After you do so the router will restart and go to your computer or any device which is connected to the router network.
- Open any web browser in any of this device and type the default IP address of your router. You can always get the default IP address of a router at the bottom of your router.
- In case you don’t find the default IP address of your router then you can search on the internet with the brand and model number to get the default IP address.
- Now you can use the default username and password of the router and access the web interface of the router. To find the default username and password of router you can always look we need the router which is written just below the default IP address.
- In case you are unable to find the default username and password as well then you can always go to the official website of the router or you can search on the internet for the default username and password to get access to the web interface of the router.
- Now the username and password of a router are recovered and you can always change the username and password into your preference by accessing the web interface of the router using any web browser and Default IP address of the router.
Also Read: Default 192.168.1.254 IP Address
We have gathered various information about recovering the routers username and password in various websites of the router and internet and brought them for you in this article. We have also provided the complete guide to recover the username and password of the router using your router physically. Share this article with another router user so that they can also get hands with this useful article to recover the username and password of the router.