Cisco is one of the router manufacturers that provide various technological devices worldwide. But configuring Cisco wireless router is kind of a difficult thing to work with. In order to successfully configure the Cisco wireless router with your broadband connection to access Wi-Fi in your devices then it down to the guidelines provided below. In this article, we have covered the complete guide to set up a Cisco wireless router with the broadband connection to get the Wi-Fi access in any device.
Guide to Setup the Cisco wireless Router:
Use this following right to set up Cisco wireless router with the broadband connection. Read the steps carefully before configuring the Cisco wireless router with broadband in your devices.
- Connect the Cisco router with the power outlet and insert the WAN cable into the Cisco router.
- Now connect your computer with the Cisco router using the LAN cable to get the configuration started.
- Now go to the device manager and locate the ports in the list.
- Now under the ports, look for the COM ports and identify the number beside the COM port in case you are connected with more than one COM ports.
- Now launch the PuTTY configuration which you can download from the internet for configuring the Cisco router.
- Now on the serial line input the COM alone without number and on the saved sessions select the router and click on the open button.
- Now a command prompt window will open up for you in your desktop.
- Now enter the following commands, ‘ena’ to enable the router.
- Now on the next line type the ‘config t’ and it will give you the access to configure a Cisco router in your computer.
- Now on the next line input the ‘int g0/0’.
- Again type this on the next line ‘no shutdown’.
- For the type this on next line ‘Default IP address dhcp’
- how to check the configuration and the connection type this following command ‘ping 18.104.22.168’.
- You should get the success message after doing the ping, in case you are facing any error then type this following command in next line ‘do ping 22.214.171.124.
- Now you will definitely get the success rate is 100%.
- Now enter this following command ‘int g0/1’
- On the next line type ‘IP address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0’
- Again type on the next line ‘no shutdown’.
- Now on the next line type, ‘exit’.
- Type ‘IP DHCP pool “Base”’
- Now input ‘network 192.168.2.0 /24’
- On the next line ‘default router 192.168.1.1’
- Now once you get the ok signal type this on the next line ‘DNS-server 126.96.36.199’.
- Now ‘exit’.
- Again ‘IP route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254’
- Again ‘int g0/0
- Next ‘ip nat outside’
- On next line ‘int g0/1’
- Next ‘ip nat inside’
- Then ‘exit’.
- Now type ‘ip access-list standard 1’
- Now type ‘permit any’
- Then ‘exit’
- Then ‘ip nat inside source list 1 int g0/0 overload’
- Then ‘exit’.
- Now need few moments to access this following commands and after it stops type ‘copy run start’.
- Then ‘reload’
- Then confirm it (confirm).
- Now the Cisco router will reload and it will be ready to use it.
We have collected the various data about the Cisco router from the official website as well as various forms of the internet and listed them in this article for you. We have given you the complete guide to successfully configure the Cisco router using your computer into Your broadband in this article. Share this article with other Cisco router users so that they can configure by themselves by using this above-provided process in this article.