Want to know how to set up your 192.168.1.1 Router? In this post, we are going to cover everything from how you can log in into your 192.168.1.1 Router to how you can set up your 192.168.1.1 router’s Wifi SSID and Passphrase. So, without any further ado let’s just straight into it.
Importance of 192.168.1.1 IP Address:
Before starting anything let’s first understand what is 192.168.1.1. 192.168.1.1 is the IP address of your router. By accessing this IP address you can gain control of your router’s Admin Dashboard.
In the Admin Dashboard you can do a lot of stuff like changing Wifi SSID and Password, Blocking users and devices from accessing your Wifi network etc. Hence it becomes really important to have access to the Admin Dashboard. Let’s have a look at how you can do 192.168.1.1 Router login and setup easily.
How to login into the Admin Dashboard of 192.168.1.1 Router?
The process of logging into the Admin Dashboard of 192.168.1.1 Router is fairly simple. It takes only 3 easy steps to do that. Just follow the steps provided below to login into the Admin Dashboard.
- Open your Browser.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 into the URL bar of your browser and press Enter.
- Now, you will see a login area. You need to enter the default Username and Password for your router. You can search for that on router manufacturer’s website.
Now, you will have access to the Admin Panel of your 192.168.1.1 Router. Let’s look at how you can change the default login username and password of your router.
192.168.l.l Default Router Username and Password List
Below is a list of the most popular router manufacturer’s and the default username and password their routers have. If you don’t find your router manufacturer’s name in this list kindly search for the default username and password on their official website.
- D-link – admin/admin
- Thomson – user/user
- BenQ – admin/admin
- Linksys – admin/admin
- Digicom – user/password
- Belkin – admin/admin
- Tenda – admin/admin
- Vodafone – root/123456
This is the list of some of the most popular router manufacturer’s default username and password. You can try these and see if they work. If somehow they don’t work then you can search your model’s name for default password and username on manufacturer’s site.
Also Read: 192.168.1.254 Admin Login
How to change the default username and password of Admin Panel?
It’s really necessary to change the admin panel’s default login username and password. Most of the hackers have access to the default username and passwords of every manufacturer’s router. So, it becomes really easy for them to hack into your router. Let’s have a look at how you can change the default username and password of your Router’s admin panel.
- Login in the Admin Panel using the default username and password (as shown in the steps above).
- Now, go to Management -> Access Control -> Password and change the password there.
- Click on ‘Save’ to Save the settings.
And that’s it. If you didn’t find the above settings in your router then you should check out manufacturer’s official website to know the method of changing the Admin Dashboard’s username and password.
How to set up your router’s Wifi SSID and Passphrase?
This one too is pretty easy. The Wifi SSID of your router is nothing but the network name through which you can distinguish it from other networks. The Wifi passphrase as we know is the password that you need to enter in order to connect to the Wifi Network. It secures the Wifi and protects your network from hackers. So, how can you change your router’s Wifi SSID and Passphrase? Let’s have a look at it.
- Once you get access to the Admin panel of your network you need to go to the Wireless Settings.
- Now delete the previous SSID and enter your desired Wifi SSID in the Wifi SSID column.
- Below, you will the passphrase column. Just delete the previously set password and set up your own password.
- Click on ‘Apply Settings’ to Save these SSID and Passphrase.
- That’s it. You will have to connect to your Wifi network again by entering the new passphrase in your network devices.
That’s it. Now you can easily change the SSID and passphrase of your router. If you face any kind of technical difficulties feel free to comment down below in the comments section. We will try our best to solve your problems.
Note: – All the settings and steps provided above may vary depending on your router’s model and manufacturer. These steps are given in order to provide you with a rough idea of how things are going to work.
Error while Trying to Sign in
If you are facing any error while trying to sign-in in your 192.168.1.1 Router’s Admin Dashboard then we have few solutions for you. Try the solutions provided below and try again.
- Clear the cache of your browser.
- Turn off all your Adblockers, Firewalls, and pop-up blockers.
- Try signing in from different devices.
If these steps don’t work then the ultimate solution to this problem is to factory reset your router. In order to do this follow the steps provided below: –
- Check the back of your router you will find a Reset Button. In order to press this button, you need a pointed object like a safety pin.
- Press this button and hold it for 10-30 seconds.
- Now your router has been reset to its factory default settings.
- You can now connect it with your devices and try accessing the login page. The username and password will be the default username and password for your router.
I hope that the fixes provided here have resolved your error. If you still face the login error simply contact the Tech-Support and they will help you out.
I hope you found this article helpful and have properly logged-in in your 192.168.1.1 router’s admin dashboard. If you face any problem while setting up your 192.168.1.1 router then feel free to comment below. We are here to help you with all your technical problems and errors. If you liked this post then don’t forget to share it with your friends. Stay tuned for more such informative articles. Thanks for reading. Goodbye!